The first footage from Avengers: Infinity War is insane levels of craziness
The footage was shown off at Disney's D23 Expo earlier today
The footage was shown off at Disney’s D23 Expo earlier today
The Marvel Cinematic Universe has been steadily building to this moment. Avengers: Infinity War and its sequel are literally the culmination of 10 years of interconnected movies and the hype surrounding them is truly insane. And Marvel literally just drove up the hype levels several notches up by showing off the first footage for the movie at Disney’s D23 Expo.
While the footage is not available to the general public for release, some unofficial descriptions have leaked out showcasing some key moments from the teaser.
- Thor crashes on the windscreen of a spaceship the Guardians of the Galaxy are piloting. They take him in and Thor mentions “Who the hell are you guys?”
- The Guardians fly with Thor to another planet to see more destruction. They realize something’s not right.
- In Queens, Earth the hair on a young Peter Parker’s arm stands up when atop a bus. Tony Stark laments “We have one advantage. He’s coming to us?” possibly remarking about the spaceship Thor and the Guardians are in. The ship then crashes to Earth as we see Star Lord, Iron Man, Doctor Strange together and in total shock.
- Out of a black hole, The Mad Titan Thanos emerges and an action sequence begins. Doctor Strange puts down platforms with Star Lord jumping off them with his gun. We see shots of Spider-Man swinging in his suit seen at the end of Homecoming, Scarlet Witch moving cars, the Wakandan army with Bucky, Black Widow with blonde hair and Captain America emerging with a beard.
- Finally, Thanos in the middle of battle, uses the power of his gauntlet to grab a moon and hurl pieces of it towards the Avengers.
If that doesn’t sound insanely epic, I don’t know what does. We can’t wait to get our hands on some real footage of Infinity War. However Kevin Fiege dashed our hopes stating that isn’t likely to happen until later this year (October would be a safe bet since that’s when the first trailers for Marvel’s May movies traditionally come out). Until then we’ll just have to do with the footage description.
In the off chance that this has got you excited, you can consider watching this trailer for Infinity War in the meanwhile that Marvel showed off at the El Capitan Theater in 2014 when they announced their Phase 3 lineup. And with San-Diego Comic Con on the way, let’s hope we see some more descriptions like these to pump up our excitement levels further.
Avengers: Infinity War is out in theaters on May 4, 2018.