Avengers: Infinity War Arrives On Digital HD July 31, Blu-Ray Release On Aug 14
Check out a brand new trailer commemorating the announcement
Avengers: Infinity War stormed its way to a $2 billion global box-office haul and now it’s time to bring the ensemble home. Marvel Studios officially announced the home entertainment release dates of the movie yesterday. From the looks of it, Infinity War will follow the tradition of most other movies by arriving on Digital HD first on July 31, before setting foot over Blu-Ray on August 14. To commemorate the announcement, Marvel also released a brand new trailer just as it had done for Black Panther two months before.
A fair word of caution though for those who still haven’t seen the movie and are looking forward to catching it on home media for the first time: the trailer spoils huge moments from the movie so avoid if you can. For the rest, check out the trailer below:
Clearly, this was made by a separate marketing team as it’s hardly up to the mark of the astounding and epic trailers we’ve been treated to for Infinity War thus far. And quite naturally, the trailer makes no bones about containing any secrets as it spoils some important interactions whose sanctity the filmmakers had managed to preserve for the theatrical experience. Regardless, it’s a fun watch and a good thing to learn we’re so close to owning this movie on home media.
Marvel also released a list of bonus material that we can expect with the movie’s Blu-Ray release. And for fans who’re wondering, yes there are deleted scenes albeit not as much as some outlets are reporting; there’s around 12 minutes worth of new material. There’s also the usual assortment of behind the scenes features that talk about the epic battles towards the movie’s climax. Check out the complete list below:
Blu-ray & Digital:
- Strange Alchemy (5:08) – Share the thrill of characters from across the MCU meeting for the first time – and discover why some were teamed up together.
- The Mad Titan (6:34) – Explore the MCU’s biggest, baddest villain, his trail of influence through the stories, and the existential threat he represents.
- Beyond the Battle: Titan (9:36) – Dive into the climactic struggle on Thanos’ ruined world, including the epic stunts and VFX, to uncover the source of its power.
- Beyond the Battle: Wakanda (10:58) – Go behind the scenes to find out how the filmmakers pulled off the most massive and challenging battle Marvel had ever attempted.
- Deleted and Extended Scenes (10:07)
- Happy Knows Best (1:23) – Tony and Pepper spar over the details of their upcoming wedding—until a hassled Happy Hogan pulls up with an urgent request.
- Hunt for the Mind Stone (1:24) – On a darkened street, Wanda Maximoff and the wounded Vision attempt to hide from Thanos’ brutal allies.
- The Guardians Get Their Groove Back (3:20) – As Peter Quill and Drax quarrel over their failed mission to Knowhere, Mantis interrupts with news.
- A Father’s Choice (4:00) – Thanos confronts Gamora with a vision from her past—and with lying to him about the Soul Stone.
- Gag Reel (2:05) – Watch your favorite Super Heroes make super gaffes in this lighthearted collection of on-set antics.
- Audio Commentary (approx. 149 min.) by Anthony and Joe Russo, Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely
- A Directors’ Roundtable (approx. 32 min.) – Eight amazing directors reflect on how their movies contribute to the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s larger storytelling adventure.
Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War will be available on DVD, Blu-Ray, Digital HD as well as 4K with a Target-exclusive Funko UHD and Best-Buy exclusive Steelbook 4K edition. Head on over to the source link to place your orders now.