Godzilla vs. Kong Arrives Blu-Ray Release Date Revealed
The latest entry in the MonsterVerse franchise arrives on home media next month.
After playing in theaters and earning over $100 million, Godzilla vs. Kong is set to grace the home theater. Warner Bros. announced that the latest chapter in Legendary’s MonsterVerse, Godzilla vs. Kong releases on Blu-Ray on June 15. The release will be accompanied by an assortment of features including a director’s commentary by Adam Wingard.
Among the list of Godzilla vs. Kong Blu-Ray extras are included a detailed, behind the scenes look at the film’s major battles as well as featurettes dedicated to Kong moving out of Skull Island and Godzilla stepping up to attack. There’s also one dedicated to an important piece in the climactic battle so at this point if you haven’t seen the movie and have been holding off to watch it on 4K instead, you’d be better off not looking at the extras list. For those already aware, here’s the complete list:
- English Dolby Atmos Audio Track
- Audio Commentary by Director Adam Wingard
- Kong Discovers Hollow Earth
- Kong Leaves Home
- Behold Kong’s Temple
- The Evolution of Kong, Eighth Wonder of the World
- Godzilla Attacks
- The Phenomenon of GŌJIRA, King of the Monsters
- Round One: Battle at Sea
- Round Two: One Will Fall
- Titan Tag Team: The God and the King
- The Rise of MechaGodzilla
- Optional English SDH, Latin Spanish, French, Brazilian Portuguese, Italian-SDH, Cantonese, Complex Chinese, Korean, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, and Swedish subtitles for the main feature
It appears though that this won’t be a day-and-date worldwide release. For instance, Godzilla vs. Kong Blu-Ray release date in India is currently set at July 31, 2021, a whopping 1.5 months after its release in the US. At this rate, Warner Bros. is definitely going to lose a lot of potential customers who will simply prefer to pirate the movie and watch it instead.
Let me know if you’ve already seen the movie, or if you’ve been waiting it out. And if it’s the latter, would you be watching Godzilla vs. Kong in 1080p or go for the full 4K experience. Shout out in the comments below.